Everything you ever wanted to know about practical medical diagnosis & treatments!
Massive Paperback 1,920 pages - Massive world sales keep the cost of this medical manual very low!
55th Edition edited by Maxine A. Papadakis, Stephen J. Mcphee & Michael W. Rabow, Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical Professionals
Contents Synopsis Reviews
Amazon discount New & Used copy offer details:
Amazon UK Canada Amazon USA
(all deliver world-wide)
COMPARE BEST PRICE ELSEWHERE BY CLICKING THE BOOK IMAGE ABOVE
VERY LOW-COST NEW & USED COPIES OF 2014 Edition at:
Amazon UK Canada Amazon USA
- Chapter 1: General Approach to the Patient
- Chapter 2: Preoperative Evaluation
- Chapter 3: Geriatric Medicine
- Chapter 4: Cancer of the Human Body
- Chapter 5: Care of the elderly at the End of Life
- Chapter 6: Skin & Appendages
- Chapter 7: Eye
- Chapter 8: Ear, Nose & Throat
- Chapter 9: Lung
- Chapter 10: Heart
- Chapter 11: Systemic Hypertension
- Chapter 12: Blood Vessels & Lymphatics
- Chapter 13: Blood & Haematology
- Chapter 14: Alimentary Tract
- Chapter 15: Liver, Biliary Tract & Pancreas
- Chapter 16: Breast
- Chapter 17: Gynecology (gynaecology)
- Chapter 18: Obstetrics
- Chapter 19: Allergic & Immunologic Illness
- Chapter 20: Arthritis & Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Chapter 21: Fluid & Electrolyte Disorders
- Chapter 22: Kidney
- Chapter 23: Urology
- Chapter 24: Nervous System
- Chapter 25: Psychiatric Disorders
- Chapter 26: Endocrine Disorders: hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism etc
- Chapter 27: Diabetes Mellitus & Hypoglycemia
- Chapter 28: Lipid Abnormalities
- Chapter 29: Nutrition & Nutritional Therapeutics
- Chapter 30: General Problems in Infectious Disease
- Chapter 31: HIV virus Infection
- Chapter 32: Viral & Rickettsial
- Chapter 33: Bacterial & Chlamydial
- Chapter 34: Spirochetal (spirochaetal)
- Chapter 35: Protozoal & Helminthic
- Chapter 36: Mycotic (fungal infections)
- Chapter 37: Anti-infectives & Antibiotics
- Chapter 38: Disorders Due to Physical Agents
- Chapter 39: Poisoning, Toxic Chemicals, Drug side-effects
- Chapter 40: Medical Genetics
- Chapter 41: Diagnostic Testing & Medical Decision Making
- Chapter 42: Informatics (Information Technology) in Patient Care:
The Internet, Telemedicine & Clinical Decision Support
- Chapter 43: Complementary, Holistic & Alternative Medicine
- Appendix: Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Complementary Reference Ranges
The "Musculoskeletal Disorders" section covers...
Diagnosis & Evaluation of Musculoskeletal Disorders, Degenerative & Crystal-Induced Arthritis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Crystal Deposition Arthritis, Gouty Arthritis, Chondrocalcinosis & Pseudogout, Pain Syndromes, Neck Pain, Thoracic Outlet Syndromes, Low Back Pain, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Dupuytren's Contracture, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), Bursitis, Sports Medicine Injuries, Sports Medicine Injuries: Introduction, Rotator Cuff Disorders, Lateral & Medial Epicondylitis, Patellofemoral Syndrome, Overuse Syndromes of the Knee, Medial Meniscus Injuries, Ankle Sprains, Plantar Fasciitis, Autoimmune Diseases, Autoimmune Diseases: Introduction, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Adult Still's Disease, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma), Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies (Polymyositis & Dermatomyositis), Overlap (or Mixed) Connective Tissue Disease, Sjögren's Syndrome, Rhabdomyolysis, Vasculitis Syndromes, Vasculitis Syndromes: Introduction, Polyarteritis Nodosa, Polymyalgia Rheumatica & Giant Cell Arteritis, Wegener's Granulomatosis, Microscopic Polyangiitis, Cryoglobulinemia, Henoch-Schönlein Purpura, Relapsing Polychondritis, Behçet's Syndrome, Primary Angiitis of the Central Nervous System, Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies, Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies: Introduction, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Reactive Arthritis, Arthritis & Inflammatory Intestinal Diseases, Infectious Arthritis, Nongonococcal Acute Bacterial (Septic) Arthritis, Gonococcal Arthritis, Rheumatic Manifestations of HIV Infection, Viral Arthritis, Infections of Bones, Infections of Bones: Introduction, Acute Pyogenic Osteomyelitis, Mycotic Infections of Bones & Joints, Tuberculosis of Bones & Joints, Arthritis in Sarcoidosis, Tumors & Tumor-Like Lesions of Bone, Neurogenic Arthropathy (Charcot's Joint), Rheumatic Manifestations of Cancer, Palindromic Rheumatism, Avascular Necrosis of Bone,Orthopedic Procedures for Arthritic Joints, Synovectomy, Arthroplasty, Tendon Rupture, Arthrodesis, Total Joint Arthroplasty.
SynopsisThe world's most popular annually updated general medicine text--better than ever with new color photos, a new design, important new sections, and cover-to- cover updating.
CMDT delivers the most current insights into signs, symptoms, epidemiology, etiology, and treatment for over 1,000 diseases and disorders. Turn to any topic, and you'll find on-the-spot, evidence-based answers that reflect the most recent developments in diagnosis and treatment. This concise, authoritative reference gets you up to speed-fast-on the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, cost-effective treatments, and more.
CMDT delivers authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than one thousand diseases and disorders along with a clear synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. Utilizing a "find it now" format and made even more accessible by a detailed index and hundreds of tables, CMDT covers almost every aspect of general medicine with an emphasis on prevention and costeffective treatment.
This book is intended for family physicians, internists, nurse practitioners, medical students, internal medicine residents, family medicine residents. The features new to this edition include: eight-page color insert, the latest drug therapies in palliative care, diabetes, and HIV infection and AIDS; new sections on when to refer and when to admit and mind-body medicine; a totally revamped cancer chapter; and much more. It is completely current: all topics are updated to provide the very latest treatment advances.
The best source for up to date information on over 1,000 diseases and disorders!
The leading, annually updated, general medical text, CMDT 2002 is the most comprehensive, reliable, and timely reference available to answer common questions in everyday clinical practice.
This huge textbook deals with both non-infectious and infectious diseases, including disease caused by viruses, rickettsia, Chlamydia, spirochaetes, protozoa, helminths (roundworms and tapeworm parasites) and many other "exciting" causes of disease syndromes. All kinds of clinical and complementary therapies and therapeutic medication agents are included - antiviral drugs, antibiotic and antimicrobial medications.
Written in a concise, easy to-read style, the text covers all aspects of outpatient and inpatient care including gynaecology (gynecology), obstetrics, urology, dermatology, psychiatry, neurology, otolaryngology, and ophthalmology as well as authoritative descriptions of new developments in medicine.
It includes information on over 1,000 diseases and disorders with an emphasis on prevention and cost-effective treatments. Also features updated information on drug dosages and costs and updated therapeutic options in HIV, including an approach to multi-drug anti-retroviral (anti-HIV) therapies.
- Fully illustrated with 1,200 diagrams, drawings and photographs
- New methods in diagnosis, prevention, and cost-effective treatment
- New recommendations on anti-infective therapy
- Current practice in the treatment of HIV infection, including the latest multi-drug therapies
- Alternative and complementary medicine described and evaluated
- Information technology relevant to patient care, including telemedicine, use of the Internet, and clinical decision support
- Updated drug dosages and costs
- Drug trade names indexed
- Complete listing of Poison Control Centers with telephone numbers
- Annotated recent references and key Internet addresses for peer-reviewed current medical information, including: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention traveler's and immunization information; National Institutes of Health Consensus Statements; and The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality of the United States Public Health Service Clinical Guidelines
Reviews"A remarkable pr écis of the art and science of medicine, incorporating the best of the traditional approach with the latest in diagnostic and treatment recommendations for over 1,000 illnesses. The editors have done a tremendous job in compiling an informative textbook that is readable, concise, and well-referenced." says American Family Physician
"Provides a convenient, economical, up-to-date reference for all branches of hospital and ambulatory care medicine." says Annals of Internal Medicine
The world’s best-selling, annually updated general, home & student medical textbook Includes the latest advances in adult outpatient and inpatient medicine up to time of publication Answers daily clinical best-practice questions in crisp, readable style Covers all areas of internal medicine as well as gynecology, obstetrics, urology, dermatology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, psychiatry, neurology, and toxicology Provides the latest information on over 1,000 diseases and disorders.
Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2016
LOW-COST NEW & USED COPIES OF 2014 Edition
Amazon UK Canada Amazon USA
www.stress-counselling.co.uk© Copyright 2016 - Sunflower Health